Wednesday 11 November 2020
Is homeworking here to stay?
The coronavirus pandemic forced businesses to trial home working for the first time. Many have found benefits and are now looking to implement permanent remote working practices.
Advantages include, but are not limited to: reduced overhead costs, greater flexibility for employees, and safety support through a reduction in the exposure and spread of COVID-19.
As a result of the pandemic, many businesses rushed to equip their teams with office essentials as a temporary solution. But making these business practices a permanent change requires a different approach. Employers need to re-address health and safety and HR for the longer term, to ensure staff remain safe whilst performing their duties remotely.
This free webinar will provide you with the knowledge of:
- Your responsibilities regarding remote working and health and safety
- The impact of remote working on employees mental wellbeing
- The issues your employees may face with a permanent shift to remote working
- The long term cultural change of remote working and how it can impact your business in the future
Friday 12 June 2020
Do you have a COVID-19 related HR or Health & Safety questions?
Our panel of Health & Safety and HR experts joined this webinar answering employers questions on bringing employees back into the workplace after the COVID-19 lockdown. This session covered questions regarding:
- The Job Retention Scheme
- Employees refusing to return to work
- Health and Safety considerations of returning to work
- Holiday entitlement
We were joined in this webinar by our sister company The HR Dept. If you have any questions about returning employees to the workplace please do not hesitate to contact them.
Friday 29 May 2020
Mental Health and returning to work
Due to the recent government guidance advising that those who are unable to work from home return to their workplace, employers are faced with increased challenges.
This recent pandemic has triggered anxiety and panic in the UK workforce, of which it is the employers responsibility to alleviate where they can. This webinar will discuss and provide support to employers in the following topics:
• Health and safety concerns and what a business can do to alleviate concern
• Anxiety of returning to the workplace
• Recognising the signs and symptoms
• Mental health considerations that you may need to be aware of
Remote working and mental wellbeing for your staff during lockdown
The extension of lockdown has caused more anxiety and worry for many of us. In particular employees who are; working from home with increasing stresses from their families, being isolated from their loved ones or employees placed on furlough and are uncertain about the future.
Coronavirus has had many effects on your workforce. To help with this issue the Health & Safety Dept partnered with Headstrong Training to provide you with a webinar to discuss:
- How to manage your team remotely
- Legal implications of home working and an employer’s responsibilities to mental wellbeing
- Physical wellbeing
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
Coronavirus advice for employers
The introduction of coronavirus in the UK has created a rapidly changing terrain of obligations for employers which can be confusing. The Health and Safety Dept and HR Dept aim to provide clarity for SME owners by answering the commonly asked questions around how to deal with employees during the coronavirus crisis.
This webinar covered the following topics:
- Statutory sick pay queries – what are your obligations?
- What to do if you can’t sustain your business financially, because of a downturn (temporarily and/or permanently)
- How do you deal with employees who might be taking advantage?
- What are your obligations when allowing staff to work remotely?
- How should you deal with worriers in your business?
- Your responsibilities from a health and safety perspective.
Do you run a business and have a question about coronavirus?
Looking for expert health & Safety support?
Let us know how we can help or ask about our free initial H&S review.
Sensible Safety Solutions
Subscribe to our newsletter
Office Address: The Health & Safety Dept, First Floor, 3 Brook Office Park, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FL | VAT Number: 900674738 | Registration Number: 06316590
Copyright © 2007 - 2019 The H&S Dept Ltd. H&S DEPT is a registered trademark belonging to The H&S Dept Limited.